Please click on our Career Opportunities below for more details.
Position: Mechanical Design Engineer
Classification: Full-time, Salary Exempt
Reports to: Senior Manager, Process & RD Engineering
This exempt position has overall responsibility for designing new products from conception to finished products; provide administrative support and coordination for R&D projects; perform programming for Amada Laser; Anderson Router and Eastman Cutter; research new equipment and make recommendations for testing & evaluation; support project implementation.
• Design, develop, and test new Bravo products related to dispenser & tank sumps, and other products as needed from conception to finished goods for production.
• Organize design projects by identifying short-term and long-term requirements, preparing schedules, cost estimates, and required resources.
• Prepare diagrams, schematics and drawings using Computer Aided Design (CAD) software; working with team to evaluate components, materials, suppliers and identifying and resolving manufacturability issues; determining and establishing design specifications and quality standards.
• Exercise independent discretion and judgment in performing duties as a Mechanical Design Engineer.
• Verify and validate mechanical design performance by establishing reliability, maintainability and durability test standards; building and testing prototypes; and identifying, isolating and resolving problems.
• Collaborate with all departments in a positive and professional manner.
• Support engineering team during R&D projects.
• Maintain/update engineering design and assembly files.
• Be an active participant in product improvement meetings with engineering team.
• Provide technical support; troubleshooting and resolving production problems related to mechanical designs.
• At the request of the Senior Manager, Plant Operations conduct new equipment research and make recommendations for testing and evaluation.
• Work closely with Senior Manager, Process & RD to meet all engineering projects and deadlines.
• Work with Purchasing Manager to procure raw material needed.
• Travel with VP of Innovation & Product Development and National Sales Manager to remote job sites for installation training as needed.
• Follow all Company policies, rules, and regulations; including Safety.
• Support all company goals and objectives; support Senior Manager, Process & RD Engineering with other projects.
• Other project as company expands and grows.
• Minimum of 6 years of experience in manufacturing; experience with petroleum products preferred.
• BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• Highly proficient in SolidWorks, 3D modeling, and AutoCAD; Certified SolidWorks Associate (CSWA or CSWA) preferred.
• CNC Programming – Proficient in Nesting Programs – AMADA DR ABE, Eastman Marker PRO.
• Machining Programs – Proficient in Alpha Cam R2015.
• Must have working knowledge of composites – chemical composition, material nomenclature, and production methods.
• Proficient in Word and Excel; working knowledge of Windows and Mac.
• Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Self-manage and driven; anticipate/think ahead, remain on task and problem solve.
• Ability to work well under pressure to achieve the impossible possible.
• Excellent communicator. Can explain and listen to new ideas, criticism, alternative solutions, etc. Technical writing proficiency for writing reports and documentation.
• Professional demeanor; strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain good working relations with all employees and external business contacts.
• Ability to travel overnight and be flexible to meet work load demands.
• Sitting -65%, Standing- 15%, Walking- 20%
• Ability to walk up and down stairs from 1st to 2nd level
• Ability to work in a high-paced and noisy manufacturing work environment
Please send your cover letter and resume Here to apply for this position.